Working Out (4) the benefits

Working Out (4) the benefits

It really is true: Working out makes you sleep like a baby. In fact, a recent study even showed that working out at 7 AM was better for your sleep than working out at 7 PM, or at 1 PM for that matter.
During the month of my morning exercise experiment, I slept beautifully. I was in bed by 9 PM (at the latest), and my mind somehow knew it was time to shut down for the day-it didn't race or constantly add things to my to-do list like normal. I was generally out as soon as I pulled up the covers. And I needed to be, in order to make my 5:30 wake-up call.
I'm happy to say I never missed a morning workout during my experiment, though I did listen to my body and go easier on the days I needed it. I just knew that if I skipped a day I'd fall off the wagon, though I know doctors recommend rest days every now and then to let your muscles recover. Since the month ended, I've kept up my new early morning routine. The benefits were just too good to go back-plus, I lost 4 pounds. Not too shabby.

____________________________________________________

in fact - vlastně, ve skutečnosti
recent - nedávný
for that matter - ostatně i/ani, vlastně, a navíc
I was in bed by 9 PM at the latest - nejpozději v 9 už jsem byla v posteli
constantly - v jednom kuse
to-do list - seznam věcí, co je třeba udělat
as soon as - jakmile
in order to make my 5:30 wake-up call - abych mohla v 5:30 vzbudit děti (jde 
o jiný význam spojení wake-up call, než na jaký jsme narazili v textu The Middle)
miss - zde: vynechat
though I did listen to my body - i když jsem vážně naslouchala svému tělu (THOUGH je zkrácené "even though", DID zdůrazňuje sloveso)
go easier - zvolnit
skip - vynechat, "přeskočit"
fall off the wagon - vypadnout z rytmu
every now and then - čas od času
to let your muscles recover - aby si vaše svaly odpočinuly (po slovese LET následuje infinitiv dalšího slovesa bez částice -TO, stejně jako u slovesa MAKE)
keep up - pokračovat v něčem 
not too shabby - to vůbec není špatné

Komentáře

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

Interview with a musician (1) - rozbor

An Interview with a Musician Ben Roth (1)