The Middle (3) a wake-up call

The Middle (3) a wake-up call

Mike: Show choir. Wow, super. That--that should be fun to try out for.
Frankie: Now listen, dad's gonna fix the dryer again, but right now I just need everybody to go. Let's get out the door. Come on. Let's go. Let's go! 
That driver's license picture was a big wake-up call from the D.M.V. Somehow the life had been sucked right out of me. But who or what had sucked it? 
Sue: Mom! 
Axl: Mom! Mom!
Sue: Mom, he's not giving my bag back! 
Frankie: We did teach 'em the word "dad," didn't we? We're a 2-job family. Mike manages a bunch of boneheads down at the quarry.
(Mike's sitting in his office. Suddenly, a sound of explosion is heard)
Mike: Oh, for cryin' out loud.
Frankie: And my latest job I'm too smart for is selling cars at Orson's last surviving car dealership.
Pete(brags about how many cars he has sold) What a month, huh? 
Bob: Frankie, don't let him intimidate you. He may be the king of sales around here, but he's been rejected by the Elks Lodge twice. I'm not gonna say by who. It was me.
Frankie: Really? 
Bob: I told them that he's a pedophile.
__________________________________________________________
fix - opravit

I need everybody to go - potřebuju, aby už všichni šli (podobně I want/would like everybody to go)

it was a big wake-up call - pořádně mi to otevřelo oči / nasadilo brouka do hlavy

my life had been sucked out of me - něco ze mě vysávalo život

he's not giving my bag back! - nechce mi vrátit tašku! (slovesem BÝT se vlastně vyjádří úmysl něco udělat či neudělat)

we did teach them the word "dad", right? - ale naučili jsme je říkat "tati", že jo? (slovesem DO lze zdůraznit významové sloveso: I do know when your birthday is, I just forgot - Já ale vážně vím, kdy máš narozeniny, jen jsem zapomněl) 

we're a two-job family - oba dva pracujeme (já i manžel)

he manages a bunch of boneheads at the quarry - řídí/odpovídá za bandu tupců v lomu

a sound of explosion is heard - ozve se zvuk výbuchu

oh, for crying out loud - ale proboha / kristepane

my latest job (that) I'm too smart for - práce, na kterou jsem až moc chytrá (jde o vztažnou větu, proto je předložka FOR opět na konci)

brag about sth. - chvástat se něčím

what a month! - to je ale fajn měsíc!

don't let him intimidate you - nenech se jím zastrašit (celkem užitečné je příd.jm. INTIMIDATING, které vyjadřuje, že z někoho/něčeho máte velký respekt)

he may be the king of sales around here, but... - možná mu tady jdou nejlíp prodeje, ale... / možná je tu nejlepší, ale...

he's been rejected - odmítli ho

Komentáře

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

Interview with a musician (1) - rozbor

An Interview with a Musician Ben Roth (1)