Working Out (3) feeling good

Working Out (3) feeling good

Someone once told me that working out first thing in the morning was like walking around with a secret, and that's exactly how I feltNo matter how crappy the day was (I didn't get an assignment I was hoping for, or the kids were being particularly challenging), there was always that silver lining: I started the day by working out. And it turns out experts agree with me.
"The benefits of exercising in the morning include feeling accomplished and good about yourself because you were actually able to make this happen," says Yvonne Thomas, PhD, a Los Angeles-based psychologist who specializes in self-esteem. "Other benefits of exercising in the morning are that you can be more dynamic-physically, cognitively, and emotionally."
Things that would normally raise my blood pressure (a work deadline got moved up, my kids lost their library books) seemed more manageable. I felt like I was better able to put things in perspective, perhaps due to my more positive outlook. Thomas notes that by starting the day with exercise, you're more focused and balanced. "Exercising in the beginning of the day can help decrease some negative feelings and thoughts that can get in your way as the day goes on, making you feel less depressedanxious, stressed, overwhelmed, sad, or angry."

________________________________________________________

I'll do it first thing in the morning - udělám to hned ráno

that's exactly how I felt - přesně tak jsem se taky cítila

no matter how crappy the day was - bez ohledu na to, jak nanic to byl den (sloveso je na konci, protože se jedná o nepřímou otázku)

I didn't get an assignment I was hoping for - nedostala jsem zakázku, v kterou jsem doufala (zde je na konci předložka, protože se jedná o vztažnou větu)

the kids were being particularly challenging - a děti byly zrovna zvlášť neukázněné / děti by zrovna dávaly dost zabrat

every cloud has a silver lining - na všem zlém je i něco dobré, vždycky je naděje

feel accomplished - cítit se úspěšně, mít ze sebe dobrý pocit

you were actually able to make this happen? - ty jsi to fakt dokázala?

specialize in sth. - zaměřovat se na něco

self-esteem - sebevědomí, sebeúcta

všimněte si, že nejlepší překlad podmětu things by byl v našem případě něco (něco, co mi obvykle zvedá tlak...)

the deadline got moved up again - už zase se posunul termín

put sth. in perspective - vyjasnit si něco, ujasnit (take "docenit hodnotu" něčeho)

outlook - pohled na svět

note (sloveso) - podotýkat, poukázat

by starting the day with exercise - tím, že začnete den cvičením

it can help (to) decrease negative emotions - může to pomoct zmírnit negativní emoce (nikoli help with decreasing)

exercise makes me feel less depressed - díky cvičení nemám takové depky

anxious - úzkostlivý (také "be anxious to do sth." - hodně chtít něco udělat)

I'm overwhelmed with work right now - zrovna mám práce až nad hlavu / jsem zavalený prací

Komentáře

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

Interview with a musician (1) - rozbor

An Interview with a Musician Ben Roth (1)